Concord is providing Contract Research & Manufacturing services in the area of fermentation and semi-synthesis products.
The R&D facility is certified by DSIR (Department of Science & Industrial Research) INDIA. It comprises of three divisions:
- R&D Fermentation
- R&D Chemical Synthesis
- Analytical Development Laboratory.
R&D Fermentation: It is equipped with facility for isolation of strain, mutation & passive selection of microbial strains; shake flask facility for strain improvement, laboratory fermenters and pilot plant facility for scale-up of fermentation process. Contract research and manufacturing services in the area of fermentation are as below:
- Strain Improvement program to significantly increase the titer of the target product and/or improve its impurity profiling.
- Media Optimization: Use of cost effective locally sourced media of Client to increase the overall process productivity
- Process Development by optimizing the process control during process scale up to have an efficient high throughput that is also cost effective.
- Process Scale-up from shake flask to Pilot and Commercial scale
- Development of optimized biotransformation processes.
- Continuous process improvement
R&D Chemical Synthesis: Chemical R&D has state of the art facility for extraction, isolation and purification of product from upstream (fermentation) process. The facility is having a scaled down version of all the major equipments at plant, thus giving high flexibility during process scale up. R&D facility is equipped with all essential equipments for complex organic synthesis chemistry. Some of the major equipments are various filtration units like Micro filtration, Ultra filtration and Nano filtration, SS-316 reactors, Rotavapour, Hydrogenater, Preparative HPCL, Open column chromatography, Flash chromatography, various drying and filtration systems.
Some of the major activities at Chemical R&D are:
- Development of Downstream process to support upstream process
- Process optimization and scale up of processes from R&D to pilot and commercial.
- Continuous process improvement to improve the overall process yield and have a cost effective process.
R&D Analytical: The R&D facility is well supported by Analytical Development Lab which is equipped with instruments like HPLC, UPLC, GC, GC-HS, LCMS and other supporting equipments required for testing.
The analytical laboratory carries out the following operations:
- Development/Validation and transfer of analytical method for in process and final product as per regulatory requirements.
- Synthesis, Isolation and characterization of process impurities.
The Competitive advantages of having Concord has a CRAM partner:
- Experience with diverse strain like Streptomycetes, Bacteria, Fungi, E.coli etc as well as numerous biocatalyst classes.
- Strong expertise in manufacturing of niche complex biotechnology products
- Necessary infrastructure to scale up process from R&D to pilot and commercial.
- The research team comprises of senior scientists with Ph.D., Microbiologists & Biotechnologists who have rich experience in the field of Biotechnology and its downstream process ensuring that the project is completed in a time bound manner.
- Dedicated teams for projects
- R&D well supported by analytical and regulatory support.
- Competitive pricing